Blessed Are We!

I Want To Be A Saint Too!


What Is This Devotion All About??

This isn't superstition. St. Faustina did the same thing!

I want to introduce you to the practice of picking a saint at random to be your “holy protector” for the year. The tradition of letting a saint “pick you,”is not a new one. St. Faustina wrote about it in her diary, "Divine Mercy in My Soul".

The excerpt is below.

“There is a custom among us of drawing by lot, on New Year's Day, special Patrons for ourselves for the whole year. In the morning, during meditation, there arose within me a secret desire that the Eucharistic Jesus be my special Patron for this year also, as in the past. But, hiding this desire from my Beloved, I spoke to Him about everything else but that. When we came to refectory for breakfast, we blessed ourselves and began drawing our patrons. When I approached the holy cards on which the names of the patrons were written, without hesitation I took one, but I didn't read the name immediately as I wanted to mortify myself for a few minutes. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my soul: ‘I am your patron. Read.’ I looked at once at the inscription and read, ‘Patron for the Year 1935 - the Most Blessed Eucharist.’ My heart leapt with joy, and I slipped quietly away from the sisters and went for a short visit before the Blessed Sacrament,where I poured out my heart. But Jesus sweetly admonished me that I should be at that moment together with the sisters. I went immediately in obedience to the rule.”

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Father's Love Letter

My Child,

You may not know me, but I know everything about you…Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up…Psalm 139:2
 
I am familiar with all your ways…Psalm 139:3
 
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered…Matthew 10:29-31 

For you were made in my image…Genesis 1:27 

In me you live and move and have your being…Acts 17:28 

For you are my offspring…Acts 17:28 

I knew you even before you were conceived…Jeremiah 1:4-5 

I chose you when I planned creation…Ephesians 1:11-12 

You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book…Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live…Acts 17:26 

You are fearfully and wonderfully made…Psalm 139:14 

I knit you together in your mother's womb…Psalm 139:13 

And brought you forth on the day you were born…Psalm 71:6
 
I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me…John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love…1 John 4:16 

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you…1 John 3:1
 
Simply because you are my child and I am your father…1 John 3:1
 
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could…Matthew 7:11
 
For I am the perfect father…Matthew 5:48 

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand…James 1:17
 
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs…Matthew 6:31-33
 
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope…Jeremiah 29:11
 
Because I love you with an everlasting love…Jeremiah 31:3
 
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore…Psalm 139:17-18
 
And I rejoice over you with singing…Zephaniah 3:17
 
I will never stop doing good to you…Jeremiah 32:40
 
For you are my treasured possession…Exodus 19:5
 
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul…Jeremiah 32:41 

And I want to show you great and marvelous things…Jeremiah 33:3
 
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me…Deuteronomy 4:29
 
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart…Psalm 37:4
 
For it is I who gave you those desires…Philippians 2:13
 
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine…Ephesians 3:20
 
For I am your greatest encourager…2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
 
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles…2 Corinthians 1:3-4 

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you…Psalm 34:18
 
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart…Isaiah 40:11
 
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes…Revelation 21:3-4
 
And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth…Revelation 21:3-4
 
I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus…John 17:23 

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed…John 17:26
 
He is the exact representation of my being…Hebrews 1:3 

He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you…Romans 8:31
 
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins…2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled…2 Corinthians 5:18-19
 
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you…1 John 4:10
 
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love…Romans 8:31-32
 
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me…1 John 2:23
 
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again…Romans 8:38-39
 
Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen…Luke 15:7 

I have always been Father, and will always be Father…Ephesians 3:14-15 

My question is…Will you be my child?…John 1:12-13 

I am waiting for you…Luke 15:11-32 

Love, 
Your Father, Almighty God

No comments:

Post a Comment