Blessed Are We!

I Want To Be A Saint Too!


What Is This Devotion All About??

This isn't superstition. St. Faustina did the same thing!

I want to introduce you to the practice of picking a saint at random to be your “holy protector” for the year. The tradition of letting a saint “pick you,”is not a new one. St. Faustina wrote about it in her diary, "Divine Mercy in My Soul".

The excerpt is below.

“There is a custom among us of drawing by lot, on New Year's Day, special Patrons for ourselves for the whole year. In the morning, during meditation, there arose within me a secret desire that the Eucharistic Jesus be my special Patron for this year also, as in the past. But, hiding this desire from my Beloved, I spoke to Him about everything else but that. When we came to refectory for breakfast, we blessed ourselves and began drawing our patrons. When I approached the holy cards on which the names of the patrons were written, without hesitation I took one, but I didn't read the name immediately as I wanted to mortify myself for a few minutes. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my soul: ‘I am your patron. Read.’ I looked at once at the inscription and read, ‘Patron for the Year 1935 - the Most Blessed Eucharist.’ My heart leapt with joy, and I slipped quietly away from the sisters and went for a short visit before the Blessed Sacrament,where I poured out my heart. But Jesus sweetly admonished me that I should be at that moment together with the sisters. I went immediately in obedience to the rule.”

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Feeling Stuck or
Feeling Empty
In Your Prayer Life?

Maybe this can help ... 

Types of prayer

Here are some widely-used types of prayer:


  • Prayers of Praise for the beauty and wonder of God's creation.

  • Prayers of Thanksgiving for what God has done for you.

  • Prayers of Love for the mercy He has shown to you.

  • Prayers of Sorrow for the things you did, but should not have done. And for the things that you failed to do.
You don't need to say a lot of words or even use a book. Just let your words flow naturally. Your prayers can be said anywhere and at any time. Jesus is just that close to you.

  • Remember to pray for others... the sick and the dying, those looking for work, those with family or financial problems, those who don’t know Jesus and those who have lost their way. This is a Prayer of Request or Prayer of Petition.
Each week pray for God's blessing for a special group.
For example:
  • priests and religious
  • married and separated people
  • children and young people
  • unemployed people
  • people with financial problems
  • people who are sick or in hospital
  • people in our armed forces
  • people without Jesus in their life

What should you ask?

If we could ask God for only one thing, what should it be?
Saint Theresa said we should ask to love God more than all other creatures and things.
...more than all the pleasures and good times of this world.
This means we are to ask God for the grace to become holy... to keep His holy commandments.

When you pray, your mind might wander. Talk out loud if it helps you.
Some people like to keep a journal of their conversations with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment