Blessed Are We!

I Want To Be A Saint Too!


What Is This Devotion All About??

This isn't superstition. St. Faustina did the same thing!

I want to introduce you to the practice of picking a saint at random to be your “holy protector” for the year. The tradition of letting a saint “pick you,”is not a new one. St. Faustina wrote about it in her diary, "Divine Mercy in My Soul".

The excerpt is below.

“There is a custom among us of drawing by lot, on New Year's Day, special Patrons for ourselves for the whole year. In the morning, during meditation, there arose within me a secret desire that the Eucharistic Jesus be my special Patron for this year also, as in the past. But, hiding this desire from my Beloved, I spoke to Him about everything else but that. When we came to refectory for breakfast, we blessed ourselves and began drawing our patrons. When I approached the holy cards on which the names of the patrons were written, without hesitation I took one, but I didn't read the name immediately as I wanted to mortify myself for a few minutes. Suddenly, I heard a voice in my soul: ‘I am your patron. Read.’ I looked at once at the inscription and read, ‘Patron for the Year 1935 - the Most Blessed Eucharist.’ My heart leapt with joy, and I slipped quietly away from the sisters and went for a short visit before the Blessed Sacrament,where I poured out my heart. But Jesus sweetly admonished me that I should be at that moment together with the sisters. I went immediately in obedience to the rule.”

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pope Francis marked Epiphany by making a surprise visit to a live nativity scene outside of Rome where he spoke with over 200 costumed participants. At one point the actors hoisted a baby sheep on the Pope’s shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment